COVID-19 PROTOCOLS UPDATE
The health, safety, and well-being of our guests and staff remain the most important priority of Medicine Hat Lodge, Trademark Collection by Wyndham.
RESTRICTION EXEMPTION PROGRAM
Please be advised that the following Medicine Hat Lodge outlets will operate in accordance with Alberta’s Restriction Exemption Program
• Copper Coulee Casino
• Cu Elements Restaurant & Bar, Redwood Steakhouse & Bar, Pagoda Asian Fusion Cuisine
• Banquet Facilities
• Fitness Facility
Patrons will be required to provide proof of vaccination, proof of a negative PCR/ Rapid test, or documentation of a medical exemption.
VALID PROOF OF VACCINATION
- Alberta vaccine record with QR code (paper or digital) is now the only valid Alberta-issued proof of vaccination accepted by operators participating in REP.
- Other accepted forms of proof of vaccination include:
- Valid identification that matches the vaccine record is also required for adults 18 and over.
To enter spaces participating in the Restrictions Exemption Program, people aged 12 and older can show proof of a negative test result.
- The test result should be a written or printed copy that indicates the individual has tested negative for COVID-19 on a Health Canada approved rapid antigen, rapid PCR, or lab based PCR test approved by Health Canada or the lab accreditation body of jurisdiction.
- Valid test results should be a written or printed copy that clearly outlines the type of test, time of sample collection, clear indication of a negative result, and laboratory that completed the test, if applicable.
- Photos of a rapid test or result taken offsite is not sufficient.
- A self-test completed offsite or self-produced documentation of a negative test result is not valid.
- Do not bring completed self-tests or rapid tests to businesses due to communicable disease risk.
- Tests must not be from the Alberta Health Services public COVID-19 testing system.
- Operators offering on-site rapid testing should seek expert medical oversight prior to implementing a rapid testing program.
• Masks are mandatory at all times throughout the property unless seated and actively eating or drinking in the restaurants
HOTEL AND GUEST ROOMS
• Disinfecting guest keycards upon each use.
• Our Front desk has been arranged to allow for appropriate social distancing.
• Hotel floor signs have been marked to identify the appropriate distance between guests.
• Plexiglass barrier at the front desk.
• Front desk and area sanitized frequently in high touch areas
• Team members, including guest room attendants, will not enter occupied rooms.
• Increase cleaning of public spaces, focusing on our front desk welcome center and lobby area.
• Conduct daily meetings with our employees to review any relevant situation.
• Our breakfast buffet is currently closed. All guests will receive a bagged breakfast for up to two adults and two children per room included in their room rates.
• Minimizing the number and frequency of employees entering guest rooms during their stay to protect both our guests and employees.
• Removal of most collateral – like pens and paper, guest directories, from all rooms and making them available only upon guest request.
• Posting of occupancy recommendations for guests sharing an elevator. When feasible, guests will be asked to share elevators with only their travel companions.
• Changing of linens and towels only at checkout unless guest requests for them to be changed earlier.
• Room service available upon request.
• Housekeeping attendants will wear masks and gloves while cleaning each room and washing hands and changing gloves between each guest room.
• Extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms, including light switches and door handles.
• Training on cleaning and disinfection for housekeeping attendants, with an emphasis on sequence of service and allowing required dwell times for all disinfectant solutions to effectively kill the virus.
• Training of employees on proper cleaning and disinfection protocols for corridors and housekeeping lockers (carts, cleaning equipment, linen storage, elevators, hallway touchpoints.)
WATER SLIDES & GYM
• Water park and gym are now open to full capacity
• Pool is open to hotel guests only, no birthday parties are permitted
• The hot tub will remain closed
COVID-19 CASINO PROTOCOLS UPDATE
The health and safety of our patrons, staff, advisors, and volunteers is our number one priority.
For the well-being of our patrons, advisors, volunteers, and team members, employees have been trained on cleaning and disinfectant techniques, including use of PPE, protocols for all surfaces, and tracking cleaning schedules. Recommended social distancing guidelines are being adhered to throughout the property and the presence of hand sanitizer stations have been increased across each area.
Copper Coulee Casino takes great care across every area of our property, working closely with health experts and adhering to guidelines set forth by Alberta Health Services, and the Government of Alberta.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
GAMING FLOOR AND CASINO
- All jackpots are paid out at the slot cage
- Increase sanitation throughout the casino
- Every attempt will be made to sanitize table games after use
- Table cards will be replaced regularly, and gaming tokens will be sanitized daily
- Increased hand sanitizing stations
- Volunteers will be required to answer screening questions upon arrival for their shift.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTING
- Our property is cleaned and disinfected daily and throughout each shift.
- Team members have been trained on proper cleaning and disinfecting procedures, as well as proper usage of PPE.
- High touch items are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Social distancing procedures are implemented throughout the facility, including appropriate signage in queuing areas.
HAND WASHING AND SANITIZING
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the property.
- Hand washing reminders are posted throughout restroom facilities.
CU ELEMENTS RESTAURANT & BAR, REDWOOD STEAKHOUSE
- We use Hard Surface Disinfectants that are on Health Canada’s list with evidence for use against COVID-19.
- All seating is in compliance with Alberta Health Services regulations regarding Social Distancing Guidelines.
- All food-service tables, chairs, booths, credit card devices, and hard surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected between each customer use.
- Coffee and self-serve food stations are not available until further notice. Food and Beverage cart service will be available to guests in the casino.