COVID-19 PROTOCOLS UPDATE
Masks are highly recommended while in common areas at the hotel including, lobby, elevators, hallways and casino.
The health, safety, and well-being of our guests and staff remain the most important priority of Medicine Hat Lodge, Trademark Collection by Wyndham.
HOTEL AND GUEST ROOMS
• Disinfecting guest keycards upon each use.
• Our Front desk has been arranged to allow for appropriate social distancing.
• Hotel floor signs have been marked to identify the appropriate distance between guests.
• Plexiglass barrier at the front desk.
• Front desk and area to be sanitized after each guest check-in / check out.
• Team members, including guest room attendants, will not enter occupied rooms.
• Increase cleaning of public spaces, focusing on our front desk welcome center and lobby area.
• Conduct daily meetings with our employees to review any relevant situation.
• Our breakfast buffet is currently closed. All guests will receive a bagged breakfast for up to two adults and two children per room included in their room rates.
• Minimizing the number and frequency of employees entering guest rooms during their stay to protect both our guests and employees.
• Removal of most collateral – like pens and paper, guest directories, from all rooms and making them available only upon guest request.
• Posting of occupancy recommendations for guests sharing an elevator. When feasible, guests will be asked to share elevators with only their travel companions.
• Changing of linens and towels only at checkout unless guest requests for them to be changed earlier.
• Room service available upon request.
• Housekeeping attendants will wear masks and gloves while cleaning each room and washing hands and changing gloves between each guest room.
• Extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms, including light switches and door handles.
• Training on cleaning and disinfection for housekeeping attendants, with an emphasis on sequence of service and allowing required dwell times for all disinfectant solutions to effectively kill the virus.
• Training of employees on proper cleaning and disinfection protocols for corridors and housekeeping lockers (carts, cleaning equipment, linen storage, elevators, hallway touchpoints.)
WATER SLIDES & GYM
• All guests will get two hours per night stay in the pool
• Pool and gym will be sanitized after every two hours
• Limit of 50 guests in the pool and 5 guests are permitted in the gym at a time to ensure proper social distancing
• Guests will need to sign up for their time at the front desk
• Guests will fill out a questionnaire before entering the pool
• Guests showing COVID19 symptoms will not be permitted
• Pool is open to hotel guests only
• The hot tub will remain closed
COVID-19 CASINO PROTOCOLS UPDATE
Masks on guests are highly recommended while in casino.
The health and safety of our patrons, staff, advisors, and volunteers is our number one priority.
For the well-being of our patrons, advisors, volunteers, and team members, employees have been trained on cleaning and disinfectant techniques, including use of PPE, protocols for all surfaces, and tracking cleaning schedules. Recommended social distancing guidelines are being adhered to throughout the property and the presence of hand sanitizer stations have been increased across each area.
Copper Coulee Casino takes great care across every area of our property, working closely with health experts and adhering to guidelines set forth by Alberta Health Services, and the Government of Alberta.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
GAMING FLOOR AND CASINO
- Masks highly recommended while in the Casino
- Social distancing markers and traffic routing
- Slot machines are limited to allow social distancing
- All jackpots are paid out at the slot cage
- Every attempt will be made to sanitize slot machines after use
- Clear barriers have been setup on table games to protect players and dealers
- Every attempt will be made to sanitize table games after use
- Table cards will be replaced regularly, and gaming tokens will be sanitized daily
- Increased hand sanitizing stations
- Staff, Advisors and Volunteers are required to wear masks
- Staff and Advisors will be required to submit to a temperature check and screening questions upon arrival for their shift.
- Volunteers will be required to answer screening questions upon arrival for their shift.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTING
- Our property is cleaned and disinfected daily and throughout each shift.
- Team members have been trained on proper cleaning and disinfecting procedures, as well as proper usage of PPE.
- High touch items are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Social distancing procedures are implemented throughout the facility, including appropriate signage in queuing areas.
- Casino floors, restaurants, and other seated venues have reduced their capacities to allow for appropriate social distancing.
HAND WASHING AND SANITIZING
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the property.
- Hand washing reminders are posted throughout restroom facilities.
CU ELEMENTS RESTAURANT & BAR
- We use Hard Surface Disinfectants that are on Health Canada’s list with evidence for use against COVID-19.
- All seating is in compliance with Alberta Health Services regulations regarding Social Distancing Guidelines.
- All food-service tables, chairs, booths, credit card devices, and hard surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected between each customer use.
- Coffee and self-serve food stations are not available until further notice. Food and Beverage cart service will be available to guests in the casino.
- All food and beverage staff will wear a face mask or face shield while on duty
- All staff must have their temperature checked every time they enter the facility via the employee entrance.